Thursday, August 14, 2008

40 Week Check Up

I know, I can't believe we haven't had our baby yet either! Thanks for all the emails and phone calls checking in on me. I am feeling pretty good still although my lower back really started hurting yesterday. I don't know if I strained it somehow or if it's actually labor pains starting in my back??? At this point, who knows!? We went to the doctor yesterday for my 40 week check up, and I still hadn't made any more progress, so lucky for me he "stripped the membranes". After that he said I am now 2 cm. He said after doing that it usually takes about 48 hours for labor to begin and he hopes I call him this weekend. If not, I am scheduled to be induced on Tuesday. There is an end in sight! We can't wait to meet and hold our little girl!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I had my membranes stripped too when I was prego with Raegan (twice!). It hurt so much that I refused to let them do it with Jordyn. Hopefully you are able to have that baby soon!! I actually had all back labor for both girls so don't be surprised if you are already in labor. Start counting those minutes girlfriend!! Good luck, Sarah. We'll be thinking about you until we hear the news. Jessica

Anonymous said...

She is coming..... The end is in sight! I can't wait to see her!

Tricia

Sara said...

I am so excited, we're thinking of you guys, send a pic of the baby ASAP!

Sara

Duncan Family said...

Great talking to you and I will be anxiously waiting!